Talk:Good Morning Tucson
jonathan coulton released a video on his youtube channel featuring the song i think it was the official recording if some wants to link it in the page heres the link [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5y1wHpHUM&feature=feedul[/ink] --184.108.40.206 08:00, 25 August 2011 (EDT)
Themes: Insanity? Not really seeing it. Yes, the Professional Talking Head narrating the song starts to sound a little overenthusiastic at the end, and some of the lyrics are maybe a bit odd ("camera melting"? Why wishing everyone luck? Smoke beyond the parking space?). But nothing that really points to insanity, unless being an early morning zombie counts. Is there a reference I'm missing here? -a lurker
- In short the song is about the guy going insane because JoCo says it is, but there are hints in the lyrics. The final verse seems to imply the narrator thinks the world is ending--thinking that the camera is melting, the prompter shorting out, plumes of smoke appearing outside. I always thought the "song that tears the world apart" was a Lovecraft reference but I'm probably mistaken. I interpret it to mean the narrator may think that he's the cause of all the destruction he's imagining.
- The lines "Put my makeup on and crack in half / I choke back a laugh" are also meant to imply craziness ("crack" in the sense of "To have a mental or physical breakdown", laughing at inappropriate times as a common sign of mental instability.)
- --Sara 21:26, 3 September 2011 (EDT)
- Okay. Word from on high is good enough for me. -a lurker
- Personally, I interpreted it as the Professional Talking Head setting fire to/detonating a bomb in/otherwise destroying the studio. Am I alone in this? --BenjaminGeiger 06:34, 17 October 2011 (EDT)